Over the past few days I have been considering how I could use the offcuts that we will be provided with and my current line of thought is that due to an uncertainty of the quality/size of timber or Trespa, I could apply some kind of treatment to the piece such as laser cutting, CNC routing or acid etching. I watched the Bjarke Ingels (founding member of the Danish practice BIG) TED:Talk a couple of weeks ago and he walked the audience through the design process that contributed to his 2008 apartment/car park building 'Mountain Dwellings' in Copenhagen. The building has a gigantic image of Mount Everest applied to the side using laser cutting to inscribe patterns on panels which make up the larger image. This deals with ventilation and weather protection for the car park at the same time as giving the odd illusion that the apartments above are floating.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.